This is my final review about our photobooth project. Although on Wednesday I was not in my group have kept me informed and up to date to allow me to catch up on blog posts. Our group did not have to consider any of the safety requirements for the photobooth, this was because we had Ally to help us and he actually took the pictures on the day on our behalf. We never developed or produced a product as this was already in place for us to use. The group spoke and agreed that we worked well together to help and advise each other whenever that was needed, we showed initiative to overcome problems. Most of the ideas were done in a constructive manner. On the day since our event did not need many people to run the people who were left spare decided to help the bay city stallers as they had a big task and needed more bodies to help run their stalls.
During the activity I enjoyed working with my group and also getting to know the level 4 students better because I felt that it was good to work with other people rather than just the people in my own class. The thing I least enjoyed about the activity was on the day hanging about the event waiting for people to come. This was because our part of the event was taking place in the union room therefore people didn't really know where to find us therefore it was quite quiet.
My main strengths during the activity was leadership. Although Kim was the overall leader of the group I was Kim's back up and helped her make important decisions regarding the event. I also helped liaise with Ally and Alan because Kim was not actually who they were but I had dealt with them both during our other event for Stephens Events class. My weaknesses during the activity was time management. Due to issues with google drive me and scott weren't able to share the business plan to work on outwith class therefore we took longer to do that than what it should have. I would use this experience in the workplace to show that I am able to organise and carry out an event to a high standard and one that is worthwhile. This experience will help me in social situations as I am able to take lead and be confident in sharing opinions with other people.
The main thing I hoped to achieve from this activity is to work with new people and ones that I don't usually work with to find out how well I work with other people and not just who I would normally choose to by myself. This was manageable because the group was made by choosing the activity we were individually most interested in rather than who we actually wanted to work with. I feel that I worked well in my role as it helped me become more confident in taking lead as I had to do this in Kims absence whether it be she was not in college or she was at meetings with the other managers and our lecturers to organise things as a whole.
No comments:
Post a Comment